Plato.Issues adds public or private issue tracking capabilities to Plato. After enabling Plato.Issues you'll notice a new "Issues" link appears both within your front-end and administrator navigation. Plato.Issues comes with over a dozen additional modules that further enhance the features available for issue tracking.
Plato.Issues In Action
You can see the homepage for Plato.Issues below...
Login as an administrator and visit the Plato administrator dashboard. Click Features on the left and then Manage. Within the search field at the top of the page type "issues". You should see Plato.Issues within the results. Use the Enable button to the right of the Plato.Issues feature to enable Plato.Issues.
The following modules can be enabled via the Plato administrator dashboard to further enhance Plato.Issues...
- Plato Issues Categories - Add categories to help organise issues.
- Plato Issues Categories Follow - Adds the ability to follow issue categories.
- Plato Issues Categories Roles - Adds the ability to restrict access to categories by role.
- Plato Issues Follow - Adds the ability for users to follow issues.
- Plato Issues History - Adds the version history & roll back support for issues & issue comments
- Plato Issues Labels - Adds the ability to label issues.
- Plato Issues Private - Adds the ability to create private issues.
- Plato Issues Reactions - Adds the ability for users to react to issues & issue comments using emoji.
- Plato Issues Reports - Adds basic reporting capabilities to Plato.Issues.
- Plato Issues Share - Adds the ability to share issues and issue comments.
- Plato Issues Slack - Adds the ability to get notified via Slack when new issues or comments are posted
- Plato Issues Star - Adds the ability for users to star or favourite issues.
- Plato Issues StopForumSpam - Adds StopForumSpam checks when posting new issues or comments.
- Plato Issues Tags - Adds tagging capabilities for issues.
- Plato Issues Votes - Adds the ability to up vote & down vote issues & issue comments.